We will perform all of the necessary tests to discover your pet’s medical issues
Comprehensive diagnostics can make all the difference between prolonged suffering and the proper diagnosis and treatment
Some of the diagnostics that can provide includes:
- Heartworm screening—Blood samples are used to check for the presence of the heartworm. Our veterinarians recommend yearly testing for dogs and year-round preventive both for dogs and cats.
- Fecal screening—Stool samples are checked for the presence of intestinal parasites such as roundworm, hookworm, whipworm, or Giardia.
- Urinalysis—Urine samples can be used to check for several different things, including the health of kidneys, diabetes, and the presence of infection.
- Blood chemistry—Using a blood sample, this test checks for the balance of electrolytes and enzymes as well as other chemicals such as phosphorous and calcium.
- Complete blood count (CBC)—This blood test checks for the balance of different blood cell types and can give information on anemia, infection, and conditions like leukemia.
- Thyroid function—The hormones produced by the thyroid gland can affect a pet’s metabolism and change his or her energy level and ability to maintain a proper weight, can aid in the diagnosis of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Adrenal testing—Testing the functioning of the adrenal glands can help diagnose conditions such as Cushing’s disease.
- Feline leukemia—We recommend that all cats be tested for feline leukemia and vaccinated to protect them from this deadly virus.
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)—Is highly contagious virus has no treatment but cats can be kept comfortable and symptoms minimized with early detection. Lyne Animal Hospitals’ recommends all cats be tested for FIV at least once in their lifetime.
- Parvovirus—In dogs, parvovirus is highly contagious, difficult to treat and if delayed in treatment or left untreated can be fatal. Quick lab results can make all the difference.
When immediate results are available for emergent situations, our veterinarians can have diagnostic answers within minutes. Lyne Animal Hospitals is committed to providing the kind of high-quality testing options available.
Lyne Animal Hospitals also employs the services of ANTECH Diagnostics®. We have at our disposal, through Antech, more than 400 board-certified specialists available and on-call. ANTECH laboratories’ diagnostic spectrum includes over 300 different tests in chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology, and microbiology. By utilizing their services it allows us more time with our patients and provide them the most comprehensive diagnostics available.